Date: 23 March 2018
Venue: Swissotel Merchant Court
Contracts are essential features of the business world and daily commerce. While a good business contract helps to bring in profits, an even better one safeguards those hard-earned profits at the same time. What you know of contracts, can help to grow your business. Conversely, what you do not know, can cripple your business. This 1-day workshop thus seeks to empower you with the knowledge of fundamental contract law principles that will apply to your business contracts:
• How are contracts validly made?
• Are oral contracts valid?
• What factors invalidate contracts?
• What about misrepresentations and mistakes in contracts?
• How do I discharge a contract?
• What are my remedies if there is a breach of contract?
• How do I go about seeking redress?
Through the use of contracts, businesses and individuals communicate their expectations with each other. If you hold a managerial or executive position responsible for dealing with contracts, this workshop will aid you in better understanding them and in better protecting your commercial interests.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
– Company/ Managing Directors
– Business Owners
– Contract Administrators/ Managers/ Coordinators
– HR Directors/Managers
– Project Managers/Engineers/ Coordinators
– Sales & Marketing Directors/Managers/ Buyers
– Purchasing & Procurement Managers/ Executives
– Business Development Directors/Managers
– Risk & Assurance/Claims Manager/ Executives
– Operations/Technical/Logistics/Supply Chain Managers/Executives
ABOUT YOUR TRAINER – PATRICK TAN
Patrick is the Founder and CEO of Fortis Law Corporation. Patrick specialises in commercial litigation and dispute resolution, wealth and legacy management, and real estate. He is an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore, a Commissioner for Oaths, a Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators, as well as an accredited mediator with the State Courts of Singapore and the Singapore Mediation Centre.
Patrick is a highly sought after seminar speaker on real estate-related matters and wealth and legacy management by a plethora of organisations ranging from multinational corporations and governmental bodies to charities and social welfare agencies. Patrick speaks fluent English, Mandarin, Hokkien and Cantonese.
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING?
Speaker’s presentation given was practical and solid.
– Dragages Singapore
Jovial/humorous presentation. True life examples.
– Changi Airport
Day 1 was most engaging and interesting. Day 2’s topic could be less wordy and less technical. Overall a good intro & explanation to certain terms used in commercial contracts.
– Rio Tinto
Real life scenarios & how the T&C affects the daily operations and risk profile of companies.
– Thales Solution
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Fill up the form below for more information. Thank you for your interest!